Happy May, friends! April was such a busy month, full of love, family, friends and a whole lot of craziness! We kicked the month off by visiting with our loved one who were in town for my bridal shower, which was such a fun day. It made me even more exciting to celebrate with everyone in June. The following weekend Jody headed to Virginia to visit with friends, while I met some of mine in D.C. for a surprise bachelorette party for one of my friends who is getting married this month. Easter was soon thereafter, which included a tennis match, buying the supplies to make wedding invitations and celebrating the Resurrection with family. Trips to watch my sister’s last two collegiate tennis matches finished off the month, while simultaneously assembling invitation and search for shoes to wear with my wedding dress. It has been a whirlwind but I’m loving every second of it!
Stay consistent with my eating and workout plan
- Finish reading ‘Grace Not Perfection’ I don’t know why I cannot find time to pick up this book and finish it. Hoping it’s due to the fact that I’m fully engulfed in wedding details!
Go through clothes and get rid of things that don’t fit or I don’t wear anymore Continue to observe the Lenten season by prayer journaling 3 times a week and following this Lenten devotional series.
- Continue devotions with Jody in our preparing for marriage devotional
Take time to enjoy simple moments in the midst of this busy season
- Finish reading ‘Grace Not Perfection’
- Sell the clothes that I have set aside to get rid of. If I don’t sell it all by the end of the month, then donate it.
- Take the time to prepare for marriage by completing our devotional book and pre-marital counseling sessions
- Joyfully attend to details that need to be planned and completed for the wedding
- Support friends/family with their big life events happening this month!
It is going to be an incredibly busy month, so my biggest goal is to stay productive, celebrate those dear to me in their exciting seasons, and keep my word of the year, grace, at the forefront of my mind. And maybe buy some fresh flowers, because April Showers bring May Flowers, right?!